When it comes to building a small business there is plenty of information out there on the web. How do you keep up with all that seems to be important? I have spoken to many business owners about this. They don’t really know where to begin. So in an effort to help I am going to post on this blog several Digital Marketing Tips for Small Business. I will share some of the information here. I hope this helps! I look forward to comments if it did or did not. Here are some ideas.
Digital Marketing Tips #1 Website Design
From http://www.ducttapemarketing.com/blog/2014/07/25/tips-digital-marketing/, Tara Banda provides these digital marketing tips and is currently a Content Marketing Manager at Reach Local.
- If you haven’t updated your website since 2010, do it now. A clean, modern design is key in digital marketing, plus it ensures that you meet today’s best practices and Web standards
- Accurately complete your site’s metadata (title tags, descriptions, alt text, etc). Not doing so can negatively impact your visibility on SERPs.
- In order to get found by local consumers, you need to optimize your site with local information like your address and geo-targeted keywords.
Digital Marketing Tips # 2 Local SEO
From http://searchengineland.com/6-local-seo-tips-small-business-183066, Wesley Young provides digital marketing tips and is the Local Search Association’s vice president of Public Policy. He blogs about the industry on theLocal Search Insider blog.
- Properly Optimize Information On Your Business’ Website. Create a business name that reflects your business type and location.
- Add keywords on page titles that identify with your business, its services and its location.
- Incorporate your business’ name, address and phone number (NAP) information in not only the homepage or contact page, but each individual page of your website.
- Perhaps one of the most effective ways to boost local SEO is to ensure the availability and consistency of your business’ listing information across a myriad of third-party sources. Google and other search engines constantly scan these sites to develop a stronger understanding of the local web and your business.
Digital Marketing Tips # 3 Blogging
From http://www.inc.com/guides/201105/8-tips-for-using-social-blogging-to-grow-your-business.html, Carolyn M. Brown provided these digital marketing tips concerning blogging.
- When people are looking for a product or service, oftentimes they will first look for information about the subject on the Internet. In general, blogging is about having conversations in a public space that position you as a subject matter expert. “The type of discussions you ideally ought to be answering questions that people out there on the Internet are searching for,” says Adria Richards, Organic Technology Consultant and blogger.
- Social blogging is often used to share experiences in addition to business ideas and concepts. Always seek unique opportunities to share your ideas and offerings with not only your readers, but their associates as well, which will eventually bring in more prospects. Announce upcoming events, awards, and other news.
- Your company can benefit from valuable feedback through comments and suggestions. Do a call for action in your posts. You can also gain insight about your audience using Q&A, bookmarking icons, link builder, wordtracker, Google Adwords and so on. Make it easy for your readers to share posts. Encourage them to share tips and personal experiences with using your products or services.
Thank you for reading the digital marketing tips that I have read and discussed with some of my colleagues this week. I hope you enjoyed them. I realize that I did not share all of the content that I read in these web site articles, so I would encourage you to visit the links that I provided. Also leave your comments and tips that you may have gathered so other can learn along the way as well.
As always, if you ever have any issues that SJWeaver Marketing Consulting may be able to assist you with, please contact us at our office number, 855-485-3748. If you are a business that does want to discuss a marketing project that you need assistance whether it is traditional or digital marketing, you can schedule a free consultation with me on my calendar through this –> calendar link.